BOX TRAILER PLANS
Easy to build Box Trailer Plans for the handyman.
Three Box Trailers in one:
- 6x4 or 7X5 Box Trailer with 475cm high sides (unlike the useless 30cm sides on most commercial trailers)
- 6x4 or 7x5 Box Trailer with a lift off 1m high cage
- 6x4 or 7x5 Box Trailer with a lift off Tradesman Canopy complete with side opening doors and a huge full width ladder rack
Why we had these plans drawn.
We wanted to build our own trailer and after purchasing several trailer plans on line, we were very disappointed with the quality of what we bought.
In fact, due to the poor quality, I doubt that a home handyman could actually build a trailer from most of the plans that we purchased. We also found that in a lot of instances, the sellers are simply promoting an overpriced 'trailer kit'.
After our disappointing attempts at finding suitable trailer plans, let alone trying to build one, we commissioned a fully qualified mechanical engineer specialising in trailer design to design and draw our own trailer plans.
We specified that the plans must meet the following criteria.
- The plans had to be completely comprehensive so we could easily build our trailer without stress
- The plans had to be suitable for any home handy person to easily build their trailer as long as they had basic welding and tool skills and could follow easy laid out plans
- The trailer had to be robust and durable yet suitable for ever day use and still very easy to manoeuvre and tow
- Frame construction of light weight yet substantial steel tube
- Side and floor construction of sturdy steel plate for longevity
- the plans were to include a robust 1 metre high lift off wire cage
- the plans were to include a secure lift off tradesman canopy with lift up side doors and a strong full width ladder rack
- The trailer to be based on using minimal commercial parts – axle (and suspension – we recommend AK-LO brand), jocky wheel, trailer coupling and lights.
Choose either the 6 x 4 or 7 x 5 trailer plans.